Claire E. DeChambre
Claire graduated with her B.A. in Global Studies summa cum laude from the Barrett Honors College at Arizona State University in 2009. Ms. DeChambre obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Boston College Law School in 2013. While in law school, she served as an intern for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Flagstaff and the Department of Justice’s Environmental and Natural Resources Division in Newton, Massachusetts. She was also an Equal Justice Works Summer Corps member at the New Mexico Environmental Law Center. After law school, Ms. DeChambre returned to her hometown of Flagstaff to practice employment and business law. She joined Hufford, Horstman, Mongini, Parnell & Tucker, P.C. in September 2016.
Areas of Expertise
- Education Law
- General Representation for Public and Private Entities
- Employment and Preventative Practices
- Business Formation and Transactions
- Workplace and Governing Board Training
- Workplace Investigations
- Tribal and Federal Indian Law
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2013
- B.A., Arizona State University, 2009 (Major: Global Studies, Minors: German and Urban Planning)
- Arizona (2014)
- Colorado (2013)
- Navajo Nation Bar Association (2017)
- Hopi Tribal Court (2016)
- Attempting to hike all of Arizona’s biggest mountains
- Yurt owner
- Fifth-generation Flagstaffian
Professional Associations and Community Involvement
- Hozoni Foundation Board of Directors
- Arizona School Boards Association
- Arizona Council of School Attorneys
- National School Boards Association
- Coconino County Bar Association
- Arizona High School Mock Trial Volunteer Judge
- Law Day Volunteer
- Flagstaff High School Senior Exit Interviews Volunteer Interviewer
- “Employment Practices (Harassment, Discrimination, Wrongful Terminations & Hiring Practices),” Native American Schools Insurance Programs, Chandler, Arizona, April 2018.
- “Jurisdictional Issues for School Districts,” Arizona School Board Association Conference, Phoenix, Arizona, September 2017.
- “Transgender Student Rights,” Native American Grant School Association’s 21st Annual Winder Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, December 2016.